Thursday 4 October 2007

Crazy man!

I know that I’m partly to fault on this, but why is it necessary in foreign countries (European) to try an bamboozle innocent travellers? I’ve just been to Luxembourg and fine, clean and warm for the most part it was too, but I was completely thrown by their bus system. They seem to have two number ‘7’ buses that proceed in opposite directions but only for half the journey. Consequence is you can find yourself going in the opposite direction, backtracking and getting off at a stop to wait for the next number ‘7’ that actually goes where you expect. To add insult to injury, they also insist on having separate numbers for the bus queues, distinct from the bus numbers themselves, leaving me utterly perplexed (I only have pidgin French) as to why I needed to queue at a number ‘9’ stand for a number ‘7’ bus that went in the opposite direction to where I needed to be? There is one simple explanation of course – Luxembourg is where the European Commission has most of its functional and admin outposts. I hazard a guess that’s its not in Euro citizens interests to actually be signposted somewhere in a direct manner!!!

No comments: